Siemens is one of the largest and most successful electrical engineering and electronics organizations in the world.
Our innovations are touching the lives of millions of people in Africa and around the world daily.
From transportation systems to power generation, business services to medical solutions, Siemens makes a large contribution to making the modern world what it is, and what it will be.
Of course, to achieve this and its ambitions in Africa in the future, Siemens needs the input of people.
From product designers and engineers to manufactures and marketers, each and every person who works with us is dedicated to making a difference.
It is their creativity, initiative, perseverance, and teamwork that drive our global Company success.
In an organization as large and diverse as Siemens we offer a wealth of opportunities and unlimited scope – whatever stage you are at in your career.
If you are seeking a challenge, then Siemens may have exactly what you’re looking for.
- Works on customers inquiries and creates offers/proposals for the customer (preliminary technical clarification, commercial clarification including creditworthiness, export control checks, determination of delivery dates, information regarding offer validity) to create the prerequisites for closing a contract.
- Monitor delivery dates and timely initiate deliveries reliably to the customer in accordance to the incoterm, and ensuring goods receipt documentation with the customer.
- Prepares calculation sheet, ensuring correct margin and obtain appropriate approval per quality gate
- Enters customer orders in the ERP system and determines the delivery dates, order confirmation to customer, and expedite to fulfill customer order at the requested date
- Monitor order related compliance with the delivery dates and quantities to initiate proactive measures for optimizing delivery reliability in good time and to be always capable of providing order updates to the customer.
- Coordinates a quickest possible invoicing to the customer, performing related post cost calculation, controlling order cost receipt and utilizing the possibilities of additional charges to optimize the value flow and show a correct margin.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree or HND in Engineering, Management, science or related fields.
- 5+ years SCM experience in Oil & Gas Industry. Must be able to support Operations and Sales functions.
- Experience working with international customers and vendors and ability to interact with various internal and external stakeholders of diversified cultural mix
- Must be results-oriented and able to work with energy and enthusiasm under time pressure, ensuring quick quotation turn-around time and on-time- delivery of goods.
- Experience in order management role, proactive, aggressive, self-motivated and focused. Must be able to work in a team setting, leveraging functional support and building trust relationship with staff and clients. A ‘completer-finisher’ with ownership culture mindset.
- General knowledge of Rotating Equipment (Turbines, Compressors) will be an added advantage