A Seasoned psychiatrist – Appointed as Medical Director/CEO, Federal Neuro Psychiatric Hospital, Kware, Sokoto.
Dr Sale a seasoned psychiatrist, Associate Professor and master trainer with United Nations office of drug and crime as well as unmatchable passion for the development of mental health service delivery in Nigeria,
Dr Shehu sale appointment as the MD/CEO of the Federal neuro psychiatric hospital sokoto, is therefore a good omen as he rejuvenated the hospital which has witnessed a serious setback in the last decades.
Below, are Dr. Sale qualifications, Success records and achievements:
MBBS (Jos), FMC Psych, Cert. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry SA (subspecialty), M.Phil (Child & Adolescent Psychiatry) UCT
Dr Shehu Sale, is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry.
Success records and achievements:
- Manpower development – through training and retraining of staffs so that they can perform in line with the best global practices.
- Renovation of post basic school of psychiatric nursing.
- Regaining of accreditation status for the federal school of post basic psychiatric nursing.
- Improvement in residency training, through employing more residents doctors and training them in line with regulations of post graduate medical college and West African college of physician.
- Payment of call duty feeding allowance to doctors, lab scientist and pharmacist, which was previously suspended.
- Renovation of administrative block and regular maintenance.
- Collaboration with federal, state ministries and relevant agencies as well as traditional institutions and philanthropist with a view of improving service delivery to the society.
- General renovation of the hospital and well equipped.
- Conversion of staff from lowest to highest cadre.
- Payment of 2014, 2015 and 2016 promotion arrears and implementation of 2017 promotion.
- Creating good working relationship between management and staff union through meetings and collaborative efforts.
- Restoration of transparency in public service.
- He has improved power supply to the hospital Wards for patients safety and comfort.
- Conformation of five head of departments who were on acting capacity.
- Total transformation of the Federal Neuro psychiatric hospital Kware sokoto from local operations to modern.
- Improving public awareness about mental health through media.
- Constant payment of salaries and promotion as at when due.
- The staffs have undergone various seminars, workshops, and symposiums in Nigeria and abroad in other to meet approximate best global practices.
- He has showcased high level of transparency, accountability, prudence and good governance in managing the hospital.
Front view of administrative block undergoing renovation
School of Psychiatric nursing renovated and regained it’s lost accreditation status.
Side view of administrative block undergoing renovation.
Newly renovated reception.
By ILIYASU UMAR SHUNI
Sponsor: Light Media and Communications services.
Source: See-naija Read more: https://see-naija.com/naija-news/buhari-meeting-el-rufai-akeredolu-in-close-doors/