The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has recently released a list of licensed Micro-finance Banks (MFBs) in Nigeria as at February 13th 2019.
The list which was released yesterday, revealed that only 898 micro-finance banks have the authority to operate in the country as of February 13th 2019. If your Micro-finance Bank is not on this list you obviously need to jump ship.
From the records, about one hundred and eighty-two (182) of the micro-finance banks operating in Nigeria are in the city of Lagos, Anambra state followed closely with seventy-six (76) micro-finance banks. Also, forty-seven (47), forty-three (43) and thirty-nine (39) for Ogun, Oyo and Abuja respectively. Changing from its previous numbers of one hundred and seventy (170) for Lagos, seventy-five (75) for Anambra, fifty-three (53) for Oyo, and forty-nine (49) for Abuja and Ogun respectively.
Some of the Listed Licensed micro-finance banks
- AACB Micro-finance Bank Limited.
- AB Micro-finance Bank Limited National.
- ABC Micro-finance Bank Limited.
- Abestone Micro-finance Bank Ltd.
- Abia State University Micro-finance Bank Limited.
- Abigi Micro-finance Bank Limited.
- Above Only Micro-finance Bank Ltd.
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Micro-finance Bank Limited.
- Abucoop Micro-finance Bank Limited.
- Accion Micro-finance Bank Limited.