Alec Baldwin finally surrenders his phone to Santa Fe police

Actor Alec Baldwin finally surrendered his cellphone to New Mexico police Friday — nearly a month after they secured a warrant for the device, according to ABC News.

The Santa Fe Police had requested for phone as part of the investigation of fatal shooting on the set of the movie “Rust.”

The Santa Fe District Attorney’s Office confirmed it has the 63-year-old actor’s cellphone, which is believed to contain information about the prop-gun shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October,

The handover comes one day after the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release, “to date, the cell phone has not been turned over to authorities.”

Police in New Mexico got a warrant for the cellphone on Dec. 16 and the case’s lead detective quickly notified Baldwin’s attorney, police said.

But Baldwin failed to turn it over for weeks, forcing Santa Fe authorities to team up with the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office on Long Island last week to get it.

On Jan. 8, the actor posted an Instagram video claiming he simply wanted his private communications protected.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders, or search warrants about my phone, that’s bulls—. That’s a lie,” Baldwin said in the video.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *